Mafia 2 is an action-adventure video game and is the sequel to Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. The action takes place in the 1940's in a fictional city known as Empire Bay, which is inspired by New York City between 1940 and 1950. The game was released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 on August 24, 2010. Mafia 2 was developed by 2K Czech and published by 2K Games with a rating of M for Mature. http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/mafia-2/
2K Czech, the developer of this title is a video game studio established in 1997, but it was known as Illusion Softworks. It was renamed in 2008 when they joined Take-Two Interactive. Some of the games they developed are: Hidden & Dangerous series, Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, Vietcong series and Wings of War.
In the game, the player controls Vito Scaletta, who has just returned home from World War II. He'd been forced to join the military in order to avoid jail time for a robbery. Shortly after his return from the war, Vito reunites with his friend, Joe Barbaro, and returns to a life of crime.
The story takes place in Empire Bay a city controlled by 3 mafia families: Falcone, Vinci and Clemente. Vito Scaletta starts the game as a "street punk" and eventually ends working for Falcone crime family earning his reputation through his jobs.
The gameâ€™s script has 700 pages and it was written by Daniel VÃ¡vra. With 15 chapters and one storyline Mafia 2 will also explain what happened with Thomas Angelo, the character from the previous game.
Some of the features that are enhancing the gameplay in Mafia 2 are:
- 10 square miles of game world with no restrictions
- Over 50 vehicles to be accessed by the player
- Option to upgrade stolen cars at the Empire Automobile Shop
- Cars can run out of fuel, take damage, become dirty and explode
- Police reaction for traffic violations
- Empire Bay features the Brooklyn Bridge and Empire State Building
- Players can buy food and drinks from restaurants to increase health
- Revised checkpoint system
- Vito can call taxi cabs for transportation
- Interactive chairs, sink faucets, switches, bottles and radios
- Fighting styles and new combos can be unlocked in the gym
- 2 hours of cutscenes
- Licensed soundtracks from 1940
Developers already announced two downloadable contents for Mafia 2. The first one is called The Betrayal of Jimmy and will be available only on PlayStation 3. The second will be released on September 7, 2010 for all platforms and is known as Jimmy's Vendetta.
Get a glimpse of the new Mafia II, a continuation of the hugely popular Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven game. As you can see, in the game, Vito, the main character can perform different actions, including hiding between objects during fights.The vehicles used in the game are similar to the ones used in 1940 by mobs.