How to Login to Facebook
Looking for a Facebook login? Facebook is the most popular social media site in the world, with over 1.1 Billion active users. If you want to join a good portion of the world and start using Facebook, here are some easy to understand login tips to get you on your way.
- Go to Facebook.com. This landing page doubles as the Facebook Login Homepage.
- In the upper right corner, there will be a two empty boxes. one labeled "Email" and the other labeled "Password." Enter the email address associated with your account into the Email box. Enter your chosen password into the Password box.
- Click the "Log In" button, found to the right of the Password box.
- If you you don't have a facebook account, you won't be able to log in. Right on the facebook login screen you can sign up for a free log in. Facebook does not charge its users
How to Find Friends on Facebook
Additional Facebook Videos
For more helpful videos on how to use Facebook, visit the following pages:
- How to Upload a Profile Picture to Facebook
- How to Poke Someone on Facebook
- How to Understand Notifications on Facebook
- How to Navigate Tabs on Facebook
- How to Find Friends on Facebook Using an email Account
- How to Find Friends on Facebook
- How to Make a Facebook Account
- How to Customize Your Profile on Facebook
- How to Edit Your Facebook Profile
Facebook is considered the most popular social networking website on the Internet. The website, which allows users to create interactive profile pages, post photos and play games with those in their network, has over 500 million users worldwide as of July 2010. It now also allowed users to login on their mobile devices. Anyone with a Facebook account has access to a Facebook mobile login.
Facebook was created by 25-year-old Mark Zuckerberg, who has been dubbed the world's youngest billionaire. In 2010, the social networking site was estimated to be worth approximately $25 million.c Zuckerberg started the site while he was at Harvard University, and within months of its acceptance at his school, Facebook became a popular student network all around the country.c Since its establishment, many changes have been made to include people outside of college communities. Facebook is now available to everyone, no matter the age, nationality or education.
Facebook is free for users, while advertisers pay for product placement. What began as a social networking forum for college students soon overtook other social networking sites like MySpace and Friendster, making them all but obsolete. Facebook now boasts one of the most diverse group of users on the Internet. As of July 2010, the number of mobile users of Facebook reached approximately 150 million. As of late 2012, Facebook has over 1 Billion active users.
Make a Facebook Account and Customize Your Profile
Important Facebook Events in 2010
On May 13, 2010, Facebook employees and associates held a meeting on privacy standards and the future of privacy for the website.c Debate and controversy had arisen in the weeks before this meeting, and users were very vocal and adamant about privacy issues within Facebook's policy. The company had previously implemented a program that shared the information of Facebook's members with its partners without the consent of the users themselves. People's interests were made available to the public, and the community's response to this was negative.c To find out more about facebook's privacy problems, search "facebook privacy" "facebook privacy problems," or "facebook login problems."
The May 13th meeting was scheduled to resolve this issue and come up with a better overall plan to give users the best experience possible. No further details of this meeting have been revealed.c As of May 2010, all of a user's information will be shared with Facebook partners and will be searchable by the public, unless that user checks a box in the privacy section of their account. Now found under security setting, this privacy section used to be under "my facebook." Login to access your security settings.
With the release of the iPad came the Facebook iPad App. To read about it, click here.
Here are some interesting statistics and facts about the people who login to Facebook at home, school or work each and every day:
- The average user has at least 130 friends on the site. There are a number of available techniques for how to find friends on Facebook.
- More than 70 percent of the people who login are outside of the United States.
- Facebook is a common place for business. More than 1.5 million businesses are active users on the site.
- Every month, more than 3,500,000 new events are posted
- 200 mobile operators from 60 different countries work to get more people to use their cell phones to access the site.
- After logging in, the average user spends almost an hour each day scouring the pages of Facebook.c